Sunshine Award, aka. Aww Noooo Not Another One
Awards! How do I keep getting awards? I don’t think I’ve actually posting anything of any remote significance for the past couple months, yet these things keep popping up out of nowhere! Awwight, here goes. (Again, not nominating anyone because *obscene gesture* to other people.)
Anyway, here it is. In all its glory.
Oh, and it just occurred to me, but to show that I’m in the spirit of things here’s an appropriately sunny image.
Because you can never have enough Homestuck. Yes, I just completed the entire story thus far within the past week, and yes, it was glorious.
So! Standard procedure, five facts about yourself, and the answers to five questions. Of course, you’re supposed to come up with five questions ad nominees of your own, but as previously mentioned, *appropriate swearword* protocol.
1. The Homestuck orgy I mentioned? Fact number one.
2. I’m gonna cheat and make 2 about Homestuck as well, cause then I don’t have to think so hard. Bottom line: the Strider brothers are objectively the best. It is an immutable fact of the universe.
3. There must be a word for what colour my eyes are. I’m just not finding any. Ochre? Hmmmm.
4. Life On Mars? is not a tough piece on the piano. I thought it would be, but…K, not really sure where I’m going with this? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
5. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Okay, I guess I’m doing another Homestuck thing. You know the thing I said about the Strider brothers? I favour one over the other. But I won’t say which, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHyeah it’s totally Dave, how do you people even care anyways.
Questions! This oughtta be good.
1. If you had to choose between the Doctor, Sherlock, Merlin, Luke Skywalker, Matthias, Jim Hawkins, and Sir Percy Blakeney to go on an unexpected and otherwise completely unpredictable adventure with, who would you choose?
Well, I don’t know who Matthias or Sir Blakewhatsit are, but I don’t think it matter because you basically just asked me wanna go mess around with bunch of pirates or travel literally anywhere in space and time, except for 1930’s Manhattan for some reason? Hrrmm yes let me give it a good long thinkoh for the love of EruTHE DOCTOR OKAY
2. Who would you be more likely to say “You’re weird!” (complete with exclamation point) to: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Sherlock, Watson, the Doctor, Merlin, or Halt? (If you would be most likely to say “You’re weird!” to Halt, then you have my undying respect. Either you are very brave, or just plain crazy.)
I don’t know who Halt is, but since nobody else on that list is weird I’m gonna go with Halt.
3. Do you wear socks to sleep in? (You’d better bet your fluffy bedsocks you do, young’un, wot?!)
are sleep socks…Is that a thing? Is that a thing that started being true? I mean, I wear socks to sleep like any sane person this far from the equator…Er. I have a feeling that’s not what the question was about.
4. What is the best plot you’ve ever had that originated in a dream? (Yes, a sleeping dream. Daydreams don’t qualify. Sorry, Sir Percy.)
I don’t remember most of my dreams. I know that in a particularly recent awesome one I kicked a whole lot of ass and delivered a few dream one-liners, but I have absolutely no recollection of it.
5. Have you ever been to Boston in the fall?
Uuurrrgghhhhghgh. Veggie Tales? Really? Have we truly, as a species, stooped this low?
Fine. As far as I know, No, I have never been to Boston. That’s not definite, though, because at the time I was born my parents were living in…that general vicinity, not saying where…So maybe? Iono.
And now, since I have already displayed Sportsmanship with the Sun-Related Paraphernalia earlier, I will make up for not nominating anyone by Doing A Whole Lot Of Other Stuff With Questions. Namely, answering the question my nominator was asked, and asking a few for the general public of y’all. So.
1. You’ve got one day left of your life. What would you want to do?
Find out why. Fix that. Achieve immortality. Ride into the sunset on a frickin’ rocket board, yo.
2. Pirates or ninjas, and why?
It has always been ninjas, without question. They are just infinitely cooler. I guess stealth has always been a thing with me? Even in Skyrim, the first skill I max out is stealth. Also, if I had to make a list of my top whatever favourite swords, katanas would definitely be in there somewhere. *Homestuck link related to katanas*
3, If you were turned into one of the Avengers, which one would you be most like?
If we go with literal similarities, then I probably resemble Black Widow the most, because I’m female, and also the aforementioned stealth thing. I am also fond of martial-arts style ass kicking. Heads up, that’s the exact same link as just now.
If I got to pick, though? I’d probably go with Thor, mostly because Norse mythology is my favourite. It’s just so awesome you guys
4. What are your top three favorite Bible characters, and why?
Aw, man, a favourites question. Hm. I’m assuming you mean besides Jesus? King David, because he kicks all kinds of ass, and also because he was pretty much the only one who kept his sh*t together and didn’t devolve into evil at any point, except for that one time he had that guy killed, but he felt bad about that like right away after.
Daniel is super awesome too, he’s like the Bible’s Gandhi or something, haha I’m not making any sense am I.
I guess Enoch, because he has a cool name and basically never died ever. Yes, those were completely arbitrary reasons, I hate picking favourites okay? Uh. Except, you know, with the whole Strider thing earlier. Disregard direct contradictions of my own declarations.
5.(I’m going to be evil, too) What is your favorite book?
OH NOES HOW WILL I EVER FIND THE ANSWjust kidding you guys it’s lord of the rings
And now! I will ask five questions, as per my former bargain, for anybody to answer as they please, ’cause hey it’s like flippin’ Christmas all up in here, maybe there’ll be free apple juice at the end. Or maybe we’ll all get cake. X2 SUPER REFERENCE COMBO YEEEAAHH
1. Norse gods! If you were a Norse god, which one would you be? (Me, I guess I’d probably be Iduna, all chillin’ with my magic apples yo and not givin’ a carp) (that was dumb)
2. Back to Homestuck, because try as I might I can’t stop thinking about it. I’m not actually trying anyway. I’m am at this moment listening to the soundtrack and nodding my head and stuff. Anyway, if you were a superhero, would you want:
-Windy Powers (total control over the wind, plus the ability to become wind any time you wanted, plus any other uses for windy powers you can think of)
-Lighty Powers (control over light I guess? I don’t really know how Rose’s powers work so actually skip this one) (I think it means you’re a guide-type thing?)
-Timey Powers (wibbly wobbly, timey wimey. As much time travel as you want, as long as you’re able to keep stable time loops) (X3 SUPER REFERENCE COMBO HECK YES)
-Spacey Powers (shrink stuff, grow stuff, telekinesis)
-Lifey Powers (resurrect anyone, once per person, as long as you’re within range)
-Voidey Powers (pull basically anything out of the void of possibility and into reality, but it’s really hard to get the hang of and the more complex the item the harder it is to pull through) (also invisibility)
-Hearty Powers (Dirk’s title as the “Prince of Heart” could loosely be translated as “Devourer of Souls”. Check it out. Devourer. Of. Souls.) (it kinda takes a while though, so it’s not super practical it the heat of battle)
-Hopey Powers (the power of hope and friendship and love and no seriously I have no idea what Jake’s powers really do, disregard again)
So pick two of those powers, one from 2. and one from 3. , except I guess Light and Hope because I still have no gorram clue what those do. X4 SUPER REFERENCE COMBO AWW YEEEESSSSSS
4. What made you stumble across my untidy little blogspace in the fist place?
5. There is no question five. I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further. X5 QUINTUPLE KICKASS REFERENCE SUPERCOMBO TABLE FLIPPIN’ YEAH
(If you want my answer to question 2/3, I think I’d either pick Time/Heart, and not just because those are the Strider powers (soul stealing is another cool thing I like to do in Skyrim, and time travel is just the best), or Space/Void because that seems to be the most practical combination (summon a little rock ’cause it’s easy, then make it huge and drop on an army)(actually why don’t Jade and Roxy do exactly that? If I see that happen I will be so thrilled))